Here’s a detox drink that, when consumed on a daily basis, will improve your energy and appearance. It contains lemon juice and a sprinkle of cayenne pepper. Incorporating this healthy drink has the power to make you look years younger. It will also improve your immune system and keep it strong all year round.
I used to crave sugary foods in the morning like a muffin or a protein shake loaded with sugary fruit. But those cravings disappeared after I began consuming this drink first thing in the morning.
Recipe For Lemon Cayenne Drink
Start your day with a dose of detoxifying goodness with this simple recipe: Detox Drink To Improve Energy and Appearance
- Filtered water
- Juice from 1/2 a lemon
- Sprinkle of cayenne pepper
- Add water to an electrical kettle
- Fill a glass or your favorite mug halfway with room temperature water
- Add enough hot water to fill to the top
- Add juice from half a lemon being careful to remove any seeds
- Sprinkle a pinch of cayenne pepper on top (more than that may be hard to get down)
- Give it a stir and sip slowly
- Ditch the petroleum straws in favor of your favorite glass straw (Amazon) or stainless steel straw (Amazon)
While you’re sipping on this warm beverage, be thinking of the benefits it provides:
- Healthier Appearance – You’ll start to notice clearer eyes, healthier skin, and a general glow in your appearance
- Stimulates the Liver – This drink stimulates your liver, the main detoxing organ in your body. You’ll know it is working because it will stimulate your bowels soon after drinking it.
- Improves Your Energy – Moving and releasing toxins from the body first thing in the morning takes away that sluggish feeling and gives you more energy
- Improves Immune System – Lemon juice and cayenne pepper both have anti-fungal, immune-boosting, and detoxification properties to keep you healthy
- Fights Food Cravings – This drink definitely keeps the sugar cravings away. When I start my day with a healthy-minded drink, I make healthier choices the rest of the day.
- Alkalizes the Body – An acidic body invites dis-ease. Nobel prize winner Otto Warburg discovered cancer cells only thrive in a low pH highly acidic cell environment. He further states that it is critical for the cancer patient to re-alkalize the pH of your body’s cells to 7.5 or greater. Optimal acid-base balance is a pH of 7.35 to 7.45, which indicates the body is slightly alkaline, where you want it to be. You can easily and routinely test your body’s pH with urine or saliva with inexpensive strips.
Order Test Strips on Amazon
Storage and Travel Tips
To keep lemons longer, place them in the fridge. This is an easy routine to incorporate into your morning, even when you travel, as lemons are available everywhere. Just carry a small shaker or container with cayenne pepper so you are never without it. To your continued health!