The food you eat definitely determines how healthy you are. According to The World Health Organization, “Health is more than the absence of disease. Health is a state of optimal well-being.” We all know this because when you eat healthily and take care of your mind and body, you feel better, have more energy, and have an overall healthy appearance.
Food and Cravings
Many people are overweight from eating the wrong foods which are not good for their body. Lack of energy and feelings of fatigue are common complaints by those who do not live with a healthy-minded mindset. These unhealthy choices also contribute to their toxic overload and cravings for sugar, fried foods, salty foods, and alcohol.
Your diet can also be supportive or detrimental to your liver, the major detox organ in the body. With a few changes, you can combat these cravings and see noticeable changes in your health, your appearance, and your overall well-being.
Healthy Liver Support
Here are 7 ways to promote a healthy liver and body:
- Drink plenty of water – an amount equal to half your body weight. So if you weigh 140 pounds, drink 70 ounces of water. Add lemon or cucumber slices and drink throughout the day.
- Drink a cup of hot water with juice from half a lemon first thing in the morning. This stimulates the release of bile in the liver and encourages your bowels to get into action and rid your body of toxins.
- Eat more greens! The more bitter the better. These include cruciferous vegetables such as broccoli, kale, cabbage, Brussel sprouts, radishes, dandelion greens, and salad greens such as endive and arugula.
- Increase your enzyme intake. You can do this by not cooking all your vegetables and by eating more raw foods. I like to keep sliced cucumbers, carrots, and radishes in the refrigerator for a quick snack.
More Ways To Promote a Healthy Liver and Body
- Use more fresh herbs. Turmeric powder, rosemary, caraway, and dill are known to support liver function.
- Always choose organic to avoid pesticides, GMOs, food additives, and keep your body functioning at its best.
- Exercise! Burst exercises only take 15 to 20 minutes every other day. You can do a minute of running in place, jumping jacks, or running up and downstairs to get your heart rate up. Then rest for a minute or two in between.
Each one of the substances of a man’s diet acts upon his body and changes in some way, and upon these changes, his whole life depends, whether he is in health, in sickness, or convalescent.
Choose Health and Longevity
When you choose healthy foods and avoid sugar and alcohol, your cravings will reduce over time. You’ll see changes in your body like pounds shedding away, clearer skin, shinier hair, and more energy to get you through the day.
Remember that your body’s requirements are quite simple.
- Eat a balanced diet
- Get moderate exercise
- Drink plenty of water to stay hydrated
- Get quality sleep
- Practice stress release
You’ll also benefit by surrounding yourself with happy, positive people, seeking inner peace through meditation or yoga, and being grateful for all that you have.
Relax With This Meditation Video
I prepared this 30 Minutes of Calming and Relaxing Meditation Music video to guide you while you practice stress release. Namaste.
You may like our post How To Cleanse Your Body With Autophagy.