Looking for healthy homemade granola that is packed with protein and antioxidants? I’ve been experimenting with this recipe and have finally figured out the perfect combination of oats, coconut, nuts, seeds, and dried fruit. This toasty, crunchy granola is perfect as cereal, on top of yogurt, or as a delicious snack.
Homemade Coconut Nutty Granola Recipe
- 4 cups whole rolled oats (not instant or quick)
- 1/2 cup organic pure maple syrup
- 1/2 cup organic melted coconut oil
- 2 cups nuts (I like combo of pecan, sliced almonds, walnuts & cashews)
- 1/2 organic shaved coconut (shaved bakes crispier than flaked)
- 1 cup dried fruit (cranberries, raisins, cherries, Goji berries) Pick one or all
- 1/2 cup seeds (I like to mix pumpkin and sunflower seeds)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp Himalayan salt
- Preheat oven to 300°
- Lay parchment paper on a full-size cookie sheet (dampen cookie sheet so parchment paper sticks)
- Stir all ingredients together in a large bowl (except dried fruit)
- Pour mixture onto cookie sheet in a single layer. Pack down so granola cooks evenly.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until it turns a golden tan
- Remove from oven and cool for 2 to 3 minutes
- Sprinkle dried fruit on top and allow to cool completely (cooling completely keeps granola chunky)
Store in an airtight glass container, not plastic (which can leach harmful chemicals into your granola. I use mason jars (4-pack on Amazon). Stays fresh for up to two weeks. If you buy the ingredients in bulk you’ll always have them on hand to make a fresh batch every couple of weeks. Enjoy!
Try Out Healthy Smoothie Recipe
You may like our recipe How to Make a Healthy Smoothie. This easy recipe is full of antioxidants from fruits, greens, and nuts to keep you looking and feeling your best.