When you supercharge your health with this superfood smoothie, you are providing your body a blast of antioxidants and trace minerals. This smoothie will send your taste buds on a delightful journey while nourishing your body at the same time.
This delicious superfood smoothie is loaded with antioxidant-rich blueberries and Goji berries that help fight aging as well as raw cocoa nibs, which gently lift your serotonin levels, and therefore your mood. Try the recipe below and find out for yourself.
What is a Goji Berry?
Goji berries are the most nutritionally dense fruit on earth. This amazing red superfruit contains natural anti-inflammatory, anti-bacterial and anti-fungal compounds.
The powerful antioxidants of Goji berries help to boost the immune system. In traditional Chinese medicine, they are renowned for increasing strength and longevity. Who wouldn’t want that!
Benefits of Goji Berries
These red, chewy berries contain all the essential amino acids and have the highest concentration of protein of any fruit. They are also loaded with vitamin C, contain more carotenoids than any other food and, have twenty-one trace minerals. In addition, they are high in fiber which helps maintain bowel health.
There is no doubt that goji berries are a nutritional powerhouse. They also make great snacks when on the run!
How to Make a Superfood Smoothie
- 1 cup or 8 oz container organic yogurt (plain or vanilla)
- 1/2 cup organic frozen blueberries (wild blueberries are best!)
- 1/4 cup organic Goji berries
- 2 handfuls of fresh organic spinach
- 3 Tbsp raw organic cocoa nibs
- 2 Tbsp ground flax seeds
- 1 serving organic hemp protein powder
- Optional: 1 pitted date for sweetness
- Add all ingredients to a Vitamix blender
- Mix until smooth and creamy
- Serve in your favorite glass container
- Enjoy with a stainless steel environmentally-friendly straw
Visit our blog post Detox Drink to Improve Energy and Appearance