Impress your friends and family with this delicious beet and orange salad with feta and fresh fennel. Don’t like the taste of beets? I didn’t either until I tried this recipe. The ingredients blend so well together that you’ll become a beet lover forever. And this beautiful and delicious salad is easy to make.
Beets are high in immune-boosting vitamin C, fiber, and essential minerals like potassium, which is essential for healthy nerve and muscle function. They are high in manganese which provides support for your bones, liver, kidneys, and pancreas.
Bountiful Benefits of Beets
- Lower your blood pressure
- Boost your stamina
- Fight inflammation
- Abundant in anti-cancer properties
- Rich in valuable nutrients and fiber
- Detoxification support
Beet, Orange, Feta & Fresh Fennel Salad Recipe
Ingredients (Serves 4)
- 2 oranges, peeled
- 15 oz can baby beets, drained (or roast them yourself)
- 1 small fennel bulb, halved and finely sliced
- 6 oz feta, crumbled
- 5 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp red wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp salt (sea salt or kosher salt)
- freshly ground pepper
- 2 tsp dill sprigs
- Use a small, sharp knife to remove any white pith from oranges, then cut fruit into segments. Cut beets in half or into quarters if they are large
- Arrange fennel, orange and beets on serving plates and sprinkle with crumbled feta
- Whisk together oil, vinegar, salt and pepper to taste. Spoon over salads. Scatter dill on top and serve
Note: Choose organic ingredients whenever possible
Powder Version of Beets
An alternative to fresh beets is a powder version (Amazon). Add a splash of color to smoothies, pancakes, sauces, soups and reap all the great benefits of beets.
Visit our Recipe Page for more healthy recipes.