This gingered lentil and spinach soup can be ready in 18 minutes with a Phillips Soup Maker! No kidding! And because it is an electrical device it will not run up your gas or propane utility bill during the winter months. This convenient soup maker saves time and is easy to clean.
Make Soups, Compotes and Smoothies in 18 Minutes
The Phillips Soup Maker helps you make your favorite soups, compotes and smoothies. It has 6 settings, 5 automated programs where temperature and time are set for the perfect result and a manual blending function.
- Pureed Soup – 18 minutes
- Chunky Soup – 18 minutes
- Milk-Based Soup – 35 minutes
- Compote – 12 minutes
- Cold Soup or Smoothie – 3 minutes (no heating)
How to Make Gingered Lentil and Spinach Soup
- 1/2 cup carrot, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup celery, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup petite diced tomatoes (use fire-roasted tomatoes for added flavor)
- 1/2 cup red lentils
- 3 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1 tsp grated fresh ginger
- 2 cups packed baby spinach
- Prep time: 15 minutes
- Serves 4
- Place all ingredients except spinach into the stainless steel jar
- Stir ingredients and close lid
- Select Chunky Soup program and press start
- When the soup is ready, open the lid and stir in the spinach
- Let wilt for 30 seconds before serving
- Top with toasted pine nuts
Tips and Tricks
- For best results, use fresh seasonal ingredients
- When preparing soup, defrost the ingredients first
- When the soup is ready, the stainless steel jar will keep the soup warm for up to 40 minutes, allowing you to serve at any moment
- This rich, healthy soup is satisfying for a meal. Serve with a side of salad or baked sweet potato for added Vitamin A and a fiber boost! Enjoy!
Philips Soup Maker Recipes
The Philips Soups Maker comes with a recipe book containing 13 Pureed Soups, 10 Chunky Soups, 6 Milk-Based Soups, 3 Compotes, 3 Cold Soups and 3 Smoothie recipes.
For more Daily Detox recipes delivered to your inbox, subscribe to my weekly newsletter!