If you want to pamper yourself in Whitefish, Montana, head over to The Spa at Whitefish Lake. I visited Whitefish over the Christmas holiday to ski, visit with friends and sneak in a blissful spa treatment, something I try to achieve on every vacation. The spa is located inside the luxurious waterfront hotel called The Lodge at Whitefish Lake. Highly trained and experienced staff make your experience a pleasant one.
Services Selected at The Spa at Whitefish Lake
My indulgence started with a steam in the co-ed steam room. It was a quiet morning so I had the steam room to myself. After I dried off, I was led to a pleasant room where my body melted into the massage table. The scent of lavender filled the room as the massage therapist placed me in a state of bliss with her gentle touch for the next 50 minutes. My goal of revitalization and relaxation was accomplished!
I sipped on fruit-induced water and homemade granola while waiting for my services to begin. The luxurious robe the spa provided kept me warm while I watched the snowfall on Whitefish Lake.
Benefits of Using a Steam Room
Steam rooms heat the body using moist, humid air and usually boast 100 percent humidity. Just 10 minutes in a steam room, where temperatures are typically around 110 degrees, can help you feel relaxed for the rest of the day. Here are a few of the many benefits:
- Chill Out – Finding a moment in your busy schedule to relax and chill out is key here. The combination of heat plus disconnecting from the rest of the world can bring instant changes in attitude, calm the body, and relieve it of stress.
- Hydrates Your Skin – Steam rooms are great, especially after a workout. They open and cleanse pores while increasing blood flow and circulation, which gives your skin a youthful, healthy glow. Who wouldn’t want that!
- Healthy Heart – A study conducted on men in Finland found that heat bathing protected study participants from fatal heart problems. These include sudden cardiac death, cardiovascular disease, and coronary heart disease.
- Weight Loss – As water makes up a large part of your body weight, the emission of sweat will cause you to lose a few pounds. In addition, sweating also helps remove toxins while cleansing the body.
- Muscle Recovery – Vigorous exercise can leave your muscles tired, sore, and stiff. Using the heat from a steam room can loosen muscles and help muscle fibers recover faster.
Be sure to hydrate with several glasses of clean, pure water after visiting a steam room.
Benefits of a Massage
Regular massage sessions provide many benefits to the human body. Just 10 minutes can reduce inflammation, which can help your body recover after a hard workout. If relaxation and a sense of well-being are what you’re after, here are a few things that might make you book that next appointment:
- Releases Toxins – Stimulating the soft tissues of your body will help to release toxins through your blood and lymphatic systems. Nerys Purchon, the author of The Essential Natural Health Bible, explains that “massage helps your body rid itself of waste and toxic substances by assisting your blood to move throughout your body.” Rub away!
- Strengthens Immune System – Medical studies show that just one massage has immediate benefits on the immune system and regular massage provides cumulative long-term benefits. Great way to keep those colds and illnesses at bay!
- Improves Sleep – Massage therapy is known to boost mood and promote better quality sleep. This leaves you feeling more rested and less worn-out at the end of the day.
- Reduces Pain – If you have problem areas like lower back pain and chronic stiffness, a professional massage therapist will be able to target and treat those areas thereby reducing your pain.
For several hours after your massage, drink plenty of water to move those toxins along and out of your body. Your immune system and muscles will thank you!
Visit our blog post, Staying Hydrated is Crucial For Your Health.